Cream of Broccoli and Cauliflower Veggie SoupAdmin
Cream of Broccoli and Cauliflower Veggie Soup
Makes 6 servings
● 2 1/2 cups water
● 5 carrots, chopped
● 5 cups broccoli florets
● 1 1/2 cups chopped cauliflower
● 1 1/2 cups diced pumpkin
● 2 small onions, chopped
● 3 garlic cloves, minced
● 1 1/2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
● 3 Tbsp. arrowroot powder
● Sea salt
● Freshly ground black pepper
How to Prepare Cream of Broccoli and Cauliflower Veggie Soup:
- Boil the water in a soup pot and add the onion, garlic, cauliflower, broccoli and carrot. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer the soup for 6 minutes, then turn off the heat and let stand until cooled. Transfer the solids into a food processor or blender using a slotted spoon, or use an immersion blender, then blend until pureed. Return to the pot and reheat.
- Season with salt, pepper and mustard, then bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce to a simmer.
- Stir in the arrowroot powder and squash, then simmer until thickened. Serve right away.