Leek and Broccoli SoupAdmin
Makes 3 servings
● 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
● 2 garlic cloves, minced
● 1 leek, rinsed and chopped
● 3/4 lb. chopped broccoli
● 2 1/2 cups vegetable broth
● 1/2 lb. red potatoes, peeled and chopped
● 1 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives
● Sea salt
● Freshly ground white pepper
How to Prepare Leek and Broccoli Soup :
- Heat the olive oil in a soup pot over medium flame and sauté the garlic and leeks until tender.
- Stir in the potatoes and broccoli, then sauté until crisp.
- Pour in the broth and season with white pepper. Let simmer, then reduce to low flame and cover.
- Continue to simmer for 8 to 12 minutes, or until the vegetables are fork tender.
- Transfer the solids into a food processor or blender using a slotted spoon, or use an immersion blender, then blend until pureed. Return to the pot and reheat.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, then serve.