Mushroom and Brussels Sprouts OmeletAdmin
Mushroom and Brussels Sprouts Omelet
Makes 2 servings
● 1 large kale leaf, halved
● 2 Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
● 3 cremini mushrooms, sliced
● 1 cup baby spinach
● 3 large egg whites
● 1 egg
● 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh dill
● 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
● Sea salt
● Freshly ground black pepper
How to Prepare Mushroom and Brussels Sprouts Omelet:
- Boil a saucepan of water over high flame and season with salt. Add the kale leaf and Brussels sprouts, then blanch for 2 minutes. Drain thoroughly and set aside.
- Whisk the egg whites until foamy, then whisk in the egg until thoroughly combined. Season with salt and pepper, then set aside.
- Pour a tablespoon of water into a cast iron skillet and simmer over medium flame. Pour in the eggs and reduce to low flame. Cover the skillet for 2 minutes or until eggs are firm at the bottom.
- Place the Brussels sprouts on one side of the omelet, then top with mushrooms, kale, and herbs. Add the spinach, then cover the skillet again and set to the lowest heat setting. Cook for 3 minutes, or until completely set.
- Carefully fold over the omelet, then transfer to a plate, slice in half, and serve right away.