Soup Spicy Miso Soup with MushroomsAdmin
Spicy Miso Soup with Mushrooms
Makes 4 servings
● 2 Tbsp. extra virgin coconut oil
● 4 cups vegetable broth
● 1 1/2 cups chopped sweet onion
● 1 Thai red chili, minced
● 3/4 Tbsp. paprika
● 3/4 Tbsp. ground coriander
● 3/4 Tbsp. ground cumin
● 3/4 cup diced celery
● 3/4 cup diced leek
● 2 garlic cloves, minced
● 1 1/2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
● 1 1/2 Tbsp. miso paste
● 1 1/2 cups halved enoki mushrooms
● 3 cups diced king oyster mushrooms
● 2 green onions, chopped
● Sea salt
● Freshly ground black pepper
How to Prepare Spicy Miso Soup with Mushrooms:
- Place a soup pot over medium high flame and heat the coconut oil. Stir in the onion, celery and leeks, then season with salt. Sauté until tender.
- Stir in the miso paste, chili, lime juice and garlic. Mix well, then stir in the paprika, cumin and coriander. Stir in the mushrooms and sauté until tender.
- Pour in the vegetable broth and set to high flame. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer. Continue to simmer for 15 minutes, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into soup bowls, top with chopped green onion, and serve.