Watercress and Shiitake Mushroom SoupAdmin
Watercress and Shiitake Mushroom Soup
● 1 large leek, rinsed and chopped (white and pale green parts)
● 2 garlic cloves, minced
● 2 small carrots, peeled and chopped
● 3 cups vegetable broth
● 1 1/2 cups cooked unsalted white beans, drained
● 1 1/2 cups sliced shiitake mushrooms
● 2 1/2 cups watercress, stems discarded
● 1/2 tsp herbes de Provence
● Freshly ground black pepper
How to Prepare Watercress and Shiitake Mushroom Soup :
- Simmer 2 1/2 tablespoons of water in a saucepan. Stir in the garlic, carrot, and leeks and sauté until tender.
- Stir in the mushrooms and sauté until tender, then add the beans, herbes de Provence, broth and watercress.
- Simmer over low flame for 8 minutes, then turn off the heat and let cool slightly.
- Transfer most of the soup solids into a blender using a slotted spoon, then process until smooth.
- Return the puree into the pot and simmer until heated through. Season to taste with black pepper, then serve right away.