Soup Roasted Onion BrothAdmin
Soups Roasted Onion Broth
● 1 1/2 Tbsp. olive oil
● 3 medium onions, chopped
● 6 shallots, peeled and halved
● 2 medium leeks, sliced and washed
● 2 1/2 garlic bulbs, halved
● 3 carrots, sliced
● 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
● 5 bay leaves
● 5 fresh thyme sprigs
● 5 fresh rosemary sprigs
● 1 1/2 tsp black peppercorns
● 1/3 cup tamari
How to Prepare Roasted Onion Broth:
- Set the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the shallots, garlic, onions, tomato, leek and carrots in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Toss to coat.
- Spread the vegetables on a baking sheet and roast in the oven for an hour. Stir once every 15 minutes to prevent from burning.
- Place the roasted vegetables into a large stock pot and pour in the cold water.
- Cover the pot and place over high flame. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce to low flame and let simmer for half an hour.
- After 30 minutes, stir in the peppercorns and herbs. Let simmer for 20 minutes, then remove from heat, and stir in the tamari. Best served piping hot.
- Divide excess into desired amounts and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 2 months.