Soup Vegetable BrothAdmin
Makes 3 quarts
● 3 1/2 quarts cold water
● 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
● 2 medium onions, chopped
● 5 celery stalks, chopped
● 3 large carrots, chopped
● 2 medium leeks, chopped and rinsed
● 1 1/2 pints chopped mushrooms
● 5 garlic cloves
● 5 bay leaves
● 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped
● 6 whole sprigs fresh thyme
● 1 bunch flat leaf parsley
● 1 1/2 tsp black or white peppercorns
● Sea salt
How to Prepare Soups Vegetable Broth :
- In a heavy stock pot, combine all of the ingredients except the peppercorns.
- Cover and place over high flame. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce to a simmer and set to low flame. Simmer gently for approximately an hour.
- Sprinkle in the peppercorns and simmer for an additional 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and strain out all the solids using a mesh strainer. Season to taste with salt, then divide into desired amounts and refrigerate for up to 2 weeks or freeze for up to 2 months.