Zucchini Tomato Mushroom and Basil ScrambleAdmin
Zucchini Tomato Mushroom and Basil Scramble
Makes 2 servings
● 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
● 2 cups freshly grated zucchini
● 1/2 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
● 1 tsp minced garlic
● 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
● 3 egg whites
● Red pepper flakes
● Sea salt
How to Prepare Zucchini, Tomato, Mushroom and Basil Scramble:
- In a bowl, mix together the tomatoes and basil. Season lightly with salt and set aside.
- Whisk the egg whites vigorously until foamy, then set aside.
- Place a cast iron skillet over medium flame and add about a tablespoon of water. Once simmering, add the garlic and season with red pepper flakes. Sauté until wilted.
- Add the mushrooms and sauté until tender. Add the zucchini and sauté for about a minute, or until zucchini is tender.
- Spread the zucchini mixture out, then pour in the beaten egg whites and tomato mixture. Sauté until egg whites are cooked to a desired consistency.
- Transfer to a plate and serve right away.